Broker Profile: Jenny Kotulak
February 22, 2017
Which brokerage are you from?
RE/MAX Real Estate Centre Inc.
How long have you been in the industry?
Why did you go into real estate?
My husband signed me up for the course for my birthday – surprise!!!!
What is the hardest part about being a real estate agent/broker?
There are many hard things about this business: Trying to stay off the roller coaster. Trying to develop a thick skin. Trying to keep abreast of all the changes in the industry (forms, new rules and regulations, changing markets, etc.).
What are the best piece(s) of advice you can give a newbie agent?
- Find a niche or target market – spend your marketing dollars wisely
- Have buyers complete a buyer questionnaire – meet them at the office to interview them before ever taking them out property hunting. Get a BRA signed ASAP
- Ask for referrals
- Take educational courses and earn designations such as the ABR (Accredited Buyer Representative) and the CNE (Certified Negotiation Expert)
- Attend networking events (Company, OREA, CREA)
- Volunteer – join a committee at your board
- When in doubt – ask your manager or broker of record
What is the best piece of advice (about being an agent/broker) you’ve ever received?
Stay away from the Negative Nellies. Associate yourself with positive, successful agents.
What are three things an agent needs to be successful?
Leads, leads and more leads
What is your motto in business?
The harder you work, the luckier you’ll get.
What is an agent’s greatest asset?
There isn’t just one. Listening skills, knowledge, persistence
What are some common mistakes Realtors make? What can be done to avoid these in the future?
They expend too much energy on unqualified or unmotivated clients. It is so important to ask the important questions up front. Make sure buyers are prequalified before showing them properties
The majority of REALTORS® don’t write an annual business plan or set goals. Those who do are proven to be more successful.
If you are a broker/managing broker and are interested in being featured, please contact email@example.com for more information.
Check out our other Broker Profiles