Milton's Main Street Grade Separation ready to go
November 18, 2015
The Town of Milton officially announced the completion of its Main Street Grade Separation.
The idea of the Grade Separation is to improve the traffic, which flows on Main Street, giving better access to the downtown and business area.
This is especially beneficial as commercial development increases on Main Street.
Here are some facts about the project:
- A long bridge spans over the underpass
- An S-curve road alignment
- Sidewalks level with the underpass roadway (therefore not elevated)
- Reconstruction of Main Street East for existing businesses, slightly to the north of the former roadway
- Traffic signals, storm sewers and retaining wall construction
To read the full release click here. For more information on the Main Street Grade Separation click here.