Canadian home sales drop in April
Ottawa, ON, May 15, 2017 - According to statistics released today by The Canadian Real Estate Association (CREA), national home sales declined in April 2017.
- National home sales fell 1.7 per cent from March to April.
- Actual (not seasonally adjusted) activity in April was down 7.5 per cent from a year earlier.
- The number of newly listed homes jumped 10 per cent from March to April.
- The MLS® Home Price Index (HPI) was up 19.8 per cent year-over-year (y-o-y) in April 2017.
- The national average sale price rose 10.4 per cent y-o-y in April.
Home sales over Canadian MLS® Systems fell by 1.7 per cent in April 2017 from the all-time record set in March.
Click here to read the full release.