Canadian home sales drop sharply in May
Ottawa, ON, June 15, 2017 - According to statistics released by The Canadian Real Estate Association (CREA), national home sales posted a sizeable decline in May 2017.
- National home sales dropped 6.2 per cent from April to May.
- Actual (not seasonally adjusted) activity in May stood 1.6 per cent below last May’s level.
- The number of newly listed homes edged up 0.3 per cent from April to May.
- The MLS® Home Price Index (HPI) was up 17.9 per cent year-over-year (y-o-y) in May 2017.
- The national average sale price advanced by 4.3 per cent y-o-y in May.
The number of homes sold via Canadian MLS® Systems fell by 6.2 per cent in May 2017 compared to April. The month-over-month (m-o-m) percentage decline was the largest since August 2012.
To read the full release, click here.