COVID-19: Update to Board Operations
UPDATES TO BOARD OPERATIONS IN RESPONSE TO COVID-19
OMDREB has been monitoring the COVID-19 situation closely and taking action to safeguard the well-being of our Members and staff. As noted in previous communications, this already includes cancelling all public events, seminars, training, in-person and Committee meetings.
We will also be temporarily suspending all operations at our Milton office until further notice.
Our Oakville office will be closed to guests, but operations will continue with a reduced on-site staff team until the end of this week. Effective at the end of day Friday, March 20, 2020, all Board staff will be working remotely and the Oakville office will be fully closed until further notice.
The capability to support our Members virtually has been in place now for quite some time and this will allow OMDREB to be nimble in continuing to provide services and support. We will reassess this position on a continual basis and keep you informed.
All staff will be reachable by email and phone during normal office hours, Monday to Friday 8:30am - 4:30pm, during this period of uncertainty. Like everyone, we are watching closely as instructions on dealing with COVID-19 change hour-to-hour.
Other updates to Board Operations are:
- March 31 is the deadline for quarterly dues payments. There is no change in the ability to make payments online or by cheque in the Oakville Board office mailbox drop-off. Please ensure that your credit card details are up-to-date in your Membership Portal if you elect for online.
- If you need assistance with the payment process, please call Brian Gaskell or Manisha Mistry at the Board office and they will help guide you. We will do our best to accommodate your needs.
- Our training staff will be creating webinars to provide Basic, Refresher, and Advanced Matrix Training courses free of charge to OMDREB Members.
- Where possible, our Professional Development and Events Department is making arrangements to replace our in-person classroom seminars with online virtual courses. We will notify you when these courses are arranged and made available online at bit.ly/OMDREB-SEMINARS
- OMDREB Members can still make product purchases and have their orders fulfilled from MyStore online at omdreb.ca or by phone at 905-844-6491.
REALTORS® often conduct business in a social setting, and as such can be particularly vulnerable to sickness. While brokerages should have their own measures in place, please consider the following when conducting showings and open houses:
- If occupants of the home are ill or have been travelling, reschedule or cancel the appointments outright.
- Even if occupants are in good health, limit the amount of showings and open houses you conduct to avoid the potential risk of unknowingly spreading the illness.
- If an appointment must proceed, ask potential attendees not to come if they are sick or have been travelling.
- Have hand sanitizer and wipes readily available at all times.
- Ask homeowners to thoroughly disinfect their homes after every showing or open house.
- Consider gathering attendee information via email to avoid the sharing of pens and stationary.
- Refrain from all physical contact.
With regard to commission payment, it has been suggested that brokerages consider using EFT rather than by cheque. In these trying times, Electronic Funds Transfer is not only quick and convenient, it requires no contact. You may also think about making a similar suggestion to your lawyer with regard to commission payments.
We thank you for your patience while we do our part to follow the guidance of leading health authorities. Together, we can make sure to minimize the effects of COVID-19.
Because of the dynamic nature of COVID-19, please note that the above courses of action are subject to change with short notice. We will communicate any changes or additional measures as they become necessary.
For any questions or concerns, please contact:
John Rich, Communications Specialist