OMDREB continues to strongly recommend virtual even though ban on in-person open houses has been lifted
OAKVILLE, ON — On July 24, the Region of Halton officially entered Stage 3 of their COVID-19 Reopening Plan. As such, OMDREB Members and other REALTORS® across the GTA are directly affected by this Stage 3 implementation - specifically with the ban on public open houses being lifted.
However, the Government of Ontario has not ended the State of Emergency in the province. With this in mind, it is important to remember that REALTORS® are trusted professionals within our community - and we need to continue to put health and safety first. Therefore, The Oakville, Milton and District Real Estate Board Board strongly recommends that virtual open houses still be the preferred choice at this time.
If a public open house must proceed, recommendations by the Board for conducting open houses during Stage 3 include:
• PPE is MANDATORY FOR EVERYONE. Halton has a mandatory mask policy for enclosed public spaces. REALTORS® should have a supply of personal protective equipment for themselves and their clients.
• Limiting the number of people visiting the property at one time
• Requiring all guests to sign in, sanitize their hands, and wear a mask
• Outlining clear directions for people to follow while viewing the home
• Not reactivating the Public Open House feature from the MLS system to REALTOR.ca under the current Provincial State of Emergency.
FOR OUR FULL LIST OF RECOMMENDATIONS AND BEST PRACTICES, CLICK HERE.
Thank you to all REALTORS® for continuing to do your part to keep our communities safe, and showing that the real estate industry is leading the way during this time.