Oakville, ON, JANUARY 4, 2021 – As we head into the new year, the real estate landscape in Oakville, Milton, and surrounding areas will face continued restrictions. Ontario is experiencing a resurgence in COVID-19 cases, and REALTORS® must do their part to minimize the spread of the virus. That includes, among other things, a temporary return to conducting business by virtual processes only.
Under the recently implemented provincial COVID-19 restrictions, as of midnight on January 5, 2022, Open Houses will not be permitted for at least 21 days (until January 26, 2022), subject to trends in public health and health system indicators.
Other items of note:
- Real estate businesses can continue to operate provided they follow the direction of public health officials. However, this may require your Brokerage office to temporarily shut down and move back to your previously implemented virtual or work from home protocols.
- Please use online/virtual technology to conduct private showings.
- Documents should be signed electronically via AuthentiSign, which is free for all OMDREB members.
Changes to Real Estate Board operations:
- Effective January 4, 2022, OMDREB’s office will remain closed to members and the public, and staff will be working from home. As was the case during previous lockdowns, all operations will resume as normal and OMDREB staff will be fully accessible by phone and email during regular office hours, Monday to Friday 8:30am - 4:30pm.
- MyStore orders will be fulfilled online-only, and members are required to arrange for contactless curbside pickup from the Milton office location.
Each of us has a role to play in stopping the spread of COVID-19, and REALTORS® are trusted professionals in the communities where they work. We must continue to put our health and safety first by taking another temporary virtual approach to doing business. Thank you for showing outstanding resilience in adapting to new and ever-changing regulations around safety protocols related to real estate.