Canadian home sales climb in February
Ottawa, ON, March 15, 2017 - According to statistics released today by The Canadian Real Estate Association (CREA), national home sales were up on a month-over-month basis in February 2017.
- National home sales rose 5.2 per cent from January to February.
- Actual (not seasonally adjusted) activity in February was down 2.6 per cent from a year earlier.
- The number of newly listed homes was up 4.8 per cent from January to February.
- The MLS® Home Price Index (HPI) in February was up 16 per cent year-over-year (y-o-y).
- The national average sale price edged up 3.5 per cent y-o-y in February.
Home sales over Canadian MLS® Systems rose by 5.2 per cent month-over-month in February 2017 to reach the highest level since April 2016.
To read the full release, click here.