Canadian home sales cool in November
Ottawa, ON, December 15, 2016 – According to statistics released today by The Canadian Real Estate Association (CREA), national home sales were down on a month-over-month basis in November 2016.
• National home sales fell 5.3 per cent from October to November.
• Actual (not seasonally adjusted) activity remained 1.6 per cent above levels in November 2015.
• The number of newly listed homes edged down 0.4 per cent from October to November.
• The MLS® Home Price Index (HPI) in November was up 14.4 per cent year-over-year (y-o-y).
• The national average sale price climbed 7.3 per cent y-o-y in November.
The number of homes trading hands via Canadian MLS® Systems declined 5.3 per cent month-over-month in November 2016. This represents the largest monthly decline in activity since August 2012. As a result, the number of homes changing hands now stands at the lowest level since September 2015.
To read the full release, click here.