Canadian home sales edge up again in September
Ottawa, ON, October 13, 2017 – According to statistics released today by The Canadian Real Estate Association (CREA), national home sales in September rose modestly from the previous month but remained down from levels recorded one year ago.
- National home sales rose 2.1 per cent from August to September.
- Actual (not seasonally adjusted) activity stood 11 per cent below last September’s level.
- The number of newly listed homes rebounded by 4.9 per cent from August to September.
- The MLS® Home Price Index (HPI) was up 10.7 per cent year-over-year (y-o-y) in September 2017.
- The national average sale price climbed by 2.8 per cent y-o-y in September.
The number of homes sold via Canadian MLS® Systems edged up 2.1 per cent in September 2017. The small gain builds on an even smaller increase in August, but leaves national home sales almost 12 per cent below the record set in March.
To read the full release, click HERE.