Canadian home sales edge up in September
Ottawa, ON, October 14, 2016 - According to statistics released today by The Canadian Real Estate Association (CREA), national home sales edged slightly higher in September 2016 compared to August.
- National home sales edged up 0.8 per cent from August to September.
- Actual (not seasonally adjusted) activity in September rose 4.2 per cent year-over-year (y-o-y).
- The number of newly listed homes ticked up 0.5 per cent from August to September.
- The MLS® Home Price Index (HPI) in September was up 14.4 per cent y-o-y.
- The national average sale price climbed 9.5 per cent y-o-y.
The number of homes trading hands via Canadian MLS® Systems rose 0.8 per cent month-over-month in September 2016. Having eased in each of the previous four months, national home sales are 5.6 per cent below the record set in April 2016.
To read the full release, click here.