Broker Profile: Linda Wheeler
March 1, 2017
1. Which brokerage are you from?
Royal LePage Real Estate Services Ltd.
2. How long have you been in the industry?
3. Why did you go into real estate?
There was no cap on earning potential and I liked the idea of aiding consumers in realizing their dreams of owning a home.
4. What is the hardest part about being a real estate agent/broker?
The hours spend away from family; your time is often not your own.
5. What is the best piece of advice you can give a newbie agent?
Ask a lot of questions of experienced agents, don’t spend a lot of money in marketing materials your first year, real estate is about building relationships so focus heavily on networking.
6. Tell us about your first sale (details and how it made you feel).
I sold a condo to my cousin. I was at first so terrified of making a mistake, I over-thought the process and thought I needed to be an expert in all aspects of the transaction. I realized shortly thereafter that you are only as good as the people you work alongside to assist the client, lawyers, mortgage agents, inspectors. It is crucial to have solid relationships with these professionals whom you can turn to for the answers you seek. I felt as though I got them the best home for the best dollar. Made me feel as though I had found my calling.
7. What are three things an agent needs to be successful?
Ability to listen; recognize opportunities in every day conversations with people you are engaging with; budget your time wisely.
8. What is your motto in business?
Real estate should never be the first thing you talk about when you meet a potential client, it should be about building trust and establishing a relationship.
9. What is an agent’s greatest asset?
Their ability to care about their clients‘ best interests above all else. And in conducting themselves accordingly they will build a career on repeat and referral.
10. What are some common mistakes Realtors make and what can be done to avoid these?
Counting commissions before the deal has closed. Never assume the deal is done when it is firm.
If you are a broker/managing broker and are interested in being featured, please contact email@example.com for more information.
Check out our other Broker Profiles